This is great political advice.
1. *Jesus would not vote according to his 'pocketbook'*. 1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
2. *Jesus is Pro Life*. Jeremiah 1:5 Before you were formed in the body of your mother I had knowledge of you, and before your birth I made you holy...Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, 'suffer the little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.'
3. *Jesus is not tolerant of the homosexual lifestyle*. Romans 1:27-28 And in the same way the men gave up the natural use of the woman and were burning in their desire for one another, men doing shame with men, and getting in their bodies the right reward of their evil-doing. And because they had not the mind to keep God in their knowledge, God gave them up to an evil mind, to do those things which are not right...
4. *Jesus would not vote for anyone who has interests in other religions besides Christianity.* John 14:6 Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'
5. *Jesus is against welfare* (the church should provide for people's needs). 2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
6. *Jesus is pro Israel* . Nehemiah 13:2 Because they did not give the children of Israel bread and water when they came to them, but got Balaam to put a curse on them: though the curse was turned into a blessing by our God. Genesis 12:2-3 I will make of you a great nation. I will bless you and make your name great. You will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you.
All of the families of the earth will be blessed in you.
7. *Jesus knows who really controls the economy*. Matthew 6:31-34 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will
worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
8. *Jesus is not worried about social security or the stock market*. Matthew 6:19-20 'Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.'
It all comes down to this. We need God in America again. Our economy, our children, our marriages, etc. need healing.
*While neither candidate looks to be a strong Christian candidate* - as a nation which one will lead us closer to God and not farther away? 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
As Christians, who we vote for does matter to God! Romans 14:11-12 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.
*I'm a Christian and I approve of this message...*
"The things you read will fashion you by slowly conditioning your mind." -A.W. Tozer